Frog Talks About Educational Technology
The Facilitating Rapid Online Global Trade, also known as Frogtrade, is a supplier of an e-learning platform or virtual learning environment (VLE) simply known as Frog. This company is known to be the biggest distributor of learning software in the United Kingdom. They have also started expanding worldwide specifically in Asia.
Kate Lewis, the Commercial Director of Frog, says that emerging markets are valuable in helping the company understand teachers and students better and this in turn, becomes a framework for improving the platform. With this objective in mind, 14 years of experience to back it up and an ever-evolving and solid customer base in the United Kingdom, Frog is a force to be reckoned with in the field of educational technology.
With the advent of the use of technology in the learning environment, there have been a lot of VLE’s appearing: Moodle, Coursera, Instructure, Open Class, Edmodo and Blackboard to name a few. What sets Frog apart?
- Being community led, one educator’s suggestions can benefit the entire population of educators using the platform.
- Frog working with schools using their platform to develop the company’s road map shows that the company is also concerned with outcomes rather than just trends in educational technology.
- It allows teachers to become facilitators and as a result, learning can be made to fit a student’s needs and pace.
- Each platform is tailored according to a school’s teaching objectives, methods and principles.
- By integrating with widely credited sources involved in the field of education, educators have one-click access to reliable resources.
Another factor that sets Frog apart is the fact that they do not focus on competition with other learning platforms. In a sense, you can say that the company competes with itself, preferring to focus on the improvement of their platform instead of staying ahead of other platforms.
Frog prefers to focus on improving the overall quality of educational technology considering the idea that educational technology has always been inferior to that of corporate technology. Given the fact that children are always exposed to and readily embrace new kinds of technology, Frog tracks technology trends and their possible outcomes and impacts when integrated with educational technology in the belief that children should learn in a manner that reflects the world they are in: a modern and technologically advanced world.
Frog’s vision is to make students feel as if they are the only students their teachers teach. And for this to be possible, the platform gives the educators the tools they need to customize each student’s learning pathway. This, in turn, encourages the student to lead the process of learning themselves. Frog seeks to understand what motivates students to learn inside and out of the four corners of the classroom.
With this kind of company mindset and goal, it is no surprise that Frog has developed a strong foundation and identity in the field of educational technology.